Monday, September 26, 2011

More Money Savers...

I love to give gifts, but I also have to sensible when it comes to my money. I keep a gift closet, and in it there are gift bags, tissue paper, and all occasion cards. Also, I hunt for sale items, and I often go to the clearance area when I shop. From the items I find at good deals, I stock my gift closet. I may have to save items back for a time, but usually, I always have on hand something for baby showers, birthdays or Christmas. Many times, I give great gifts because I purchase things that have been marked down 50 to 75% off. The gift recipients are always thankful because I buy quality items and try to purchase items that are useful.

People love to eat, so I can almost always be assured of a welcome present with something homemade. This day and time, people don't have time to cook, so anything prepared for a family with kids is a sure-fire winner, especially sweets. However, if someone new moves into the neighborhood, or there is a new baby, or even a death in the family, I try to prepare a chicken casserole, which is, a recipe I am often asked for. Here is the recipe:

Chicken Casserole

Boil 3 large chicken breasts in large saucepan for 30 minutes. Cool.

Turn oven to 350 degrees. Put 1 stick of butter in 9 x 13 baking dish. Put into oven to melt, removing when butter has melted, after about 8 minutes.

Crush one to one and a half sleeves of ritz crackers.

Tear up chicken in bite size pieces in mixing bowl. Add 1 to 1 1/2 (8 oz.) cartons of sour cream. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cans chicken noodle soup. Add black pepper. Mix well.

Put crackers crumbs into butter, mix well. Scoop most out into a small bowl for layering on top of casserole.

Pour chicken mixture into casserole, sprinkle top with buttered cracker crumbs. Bake for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment