Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blog #9...Poignant, true story...Don't believe in God?...I dare you to read this...

I Can Only ImagineBeautiful By Mercy Me...order both CDs through Amazon.com

Dark days, adversity, I know too well what those means...but I also know what God has promised me...that He will take everything bad and turn it to my good...I just need a little FAITH...let me tell you, He knows all, sees all...God is not some mean, fist-clinching God who doesn't want us to be happy...quite the opposite...If you follow His word, He promises you a life of prosperity and happiness...now, things happen that try to thwart our faith, and satan will try to trip us up everytime...but don't give in, don't get wound up, if you are trying to live right, He will guide your path...The following is a story of Faith in His word, His love for us,and Hope...He sends us just what we need, and He is always right on time...

Back in 2010, I was living my dream of being self-employed, and I owned a little store. I had many customers who became my friends. One such customer was a lady I got to know really well, a beautiful woman with long red hair.

My favorite topic I like to talk about with friends is God. You see, I know there is a God, and yes, I believe He is real. In fact, I know He is real. This lady confirmed that. Here is her true story, as she related it to me...

My friend confided to me that she used to live in my hometown, and had come back to live again in Cleveland because of God, Himself. She said, in the weeks before July 7, 2007, she felt God was leading her to return to Cleveland. She related she was not overtly religious, but felt that God wanted her to return to where her son and his family were currently living. Moreover, she felt God wanted her to spend some time with her son, specifically.

Friends of hers, where she was living at the time, thought she must be losing her mind. They couldn’t believe she just wanted to pick up and move back to Tennessee because she had a sudden urging. After all, she had spent many years building her now successful photography business. With her move, she would need to find someone to take over her clients and all the obligations she had for upcoming weddings.

As she moved forward with her plans, she found someone she could trust to take over her business. Selling what she felt she couldn’t use of her personal items, and taking care of all final bills, she was still short $80 to complete her trip to relocate back to Tennessee. Realizing that she may not even be able to go on the eve of her move (which was July 6, 2007), naturally, she was overwrought. She began to pray, “Dear Lord, I know you wanted me to go to be with my son, but today, one day before I leave, I am short $80. Now, I trust that you have me in your care, and as you can see, I am faithful. But, Lord, I have no idea what to do. I have friends who just think I am nuts, so I cannot borrow from them…Please, Lord, if it is your will, I ask for some help here!”

Forging ahead, and telling no one of her predicament, she continued to pack her final belongings into her suitcases. The next day, intent on leaving, even if it meant leaving without all the money to make the trip…then, she heard a knock at the door. She opened it, and there stood an elderly couple. The woman said, “Don’t be startled, and don’t think we’re crazy, but we felt an intense urging from God to come here today.” Then, the woman asked her, “Do you know what today is?” my friend responded, “No, I don’t”. The woman went on, “Well, today is the most blessed day, for it is 7-7-07”, and with that, she handed her an envelope. Then the elderly woman said, “Do not open this until we are gone, but God wanted you to have this.”
Not knowing what was inside the envelope, my friend quickly opened it to find $77, and couldn’t believe her eyes. From that moment, she felt her urgings from God were ordained, loaded her rental truck and headed out.

Now, I wish the story ended here, but it doesn’t… my friend was able to spend almost a month with her son, his wife and their children. She said that she had the most beloved visit with him, discussing things that she thought impossible in the past, and even discussing his belief in God, she said, that he confirmed was strong…

On August 6, 2007, less than a month later, her son and his partner, who was also his brother-in-law (they had married sisters), headed out to do a transport job. They worked for a trucking company, and were in a tractor trailer rig somewhere in the upper mid-west. On August 8, 2007, my friend and her family were notified that her son and his brother-in-law were killed instantly in a collision with another truck that crossed over the median and hit their truck head-on…

Now, do you believe?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y534wZSInUI


Listen to this moving song by Jennifer Hudson...this is a link you can order Jennifer's CD:

No comments:

Post a Comment